Custom Search 1

Roving Vendor License Application

You are here

Information for Roving Vendors

Thank you for your interest in becoming a roving vendor in the

City of Palmer.

Before soliciting business in the City of Palmer, you must obtain a City of Palmer Roving Vendor License and a city of Palmer Business License. The forms to acquire these licenses are provided in the links below or at Palmer City Hall located at 231 W. Evergreen Avenue, Palmer. Please fill out the applications and bring them along with all required attachments to City Hall.

To obtain your license, please note the following:

  • If you work for a company, you must submit a copy of the company's City of Palmer Business License with your Roving Vendor License application.
  • If you are the owner of the company or your company does not have a business license, please complete the required City of Palmer Business License application and submit the required $25 license fee with your application for a Roving Vendor License. If your Roving Vendor License application is denied and you will not be conducting any other type of business in Palmer, the $25 fee for a City Business License will be reimbursed to you. Please note: the $50 fee for a Roving Vendor License is non-refundable.
  • The cart size allowed by the City is no longer than three feet wide, six feet long and seven and a half feet tall, including all appurtenances and merchandise on display, except for litter receptacle, stool and ice chest to be provided by the vendor. The cart must include interior space for concealed storage of all inventory, supplies, equipment and other materials brought to the vendor site in connection with the business conducted.
  • You may use an umbrella in conjunction with the cart. The umbrella may not exceed six feet in diameter when opened.
  • You may also have one table no longer than four feet and no wider than trhee feet, covered with a clean material which extends to the ground on all sides so as to conceal the table legs.
  • Easels and other items necessary to the display or creation of art at the vendor site no longer than three feet wide and four feet high, limited to two each are also permitted.

When submitting your application, please be certain to attach the following:

  • A copy of your health permit
  • A copy of your insurance policy which reflects the $500,000 combined single limit
  • A copy of your City business license
  • A copy of your State business license

Once your Roving Vendor License is issued, it expires on December 31st of the same calendar year it was issued.

Please see Palmer Municipal Code Chapter 5.28 for more information. You may call 907-745-3271 for further information on how to obtain your Roving Vendor License.